Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12--Love the Law


            Psalm 119:9-16

            "How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to your word. 
            I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
            I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
            Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

            With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.
            I rejoice in the following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
            I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
            I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word."

           

Rejoicing in God's statutes
            Your turn:  Teach your children to love the Lord's laws.  Then they will be blessed and have a reason to rejoice.  Teach them to memorize and recite God's statutes.  And finally, teach them to meditate on His commands.

            If they do these things, they will not neglect His word.  They (nor you) can have a daily Biblical worldview that is not easily swayed by false teaching unless you appreciate, spend time in, and memorize Scripture.





            If you would like more ideas on helping your children (and yourself) develop a Biblical worldview or to find out how to win a Wal-Mart gift card, go to the 31 Days Giveaway (Intro. Part II) post for more Touching Families blog links.  If you want to check out other 31 Days' topics, see The Nester.


*All verses quoted are from the New International Version:  THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea how to start this with little kids though! We like to sing "I Come to the Garden Alone" and "Great is Thy Faithfulness" to Baby B before bed and sometimes other bible songs during the day. We are getting him a picture Bible for Christmas. I'd really like to get a Bible on cd and some Bible song cds that I could just play during the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely on the right track!!! The biggest influence is for Baby B to see you joyfully appreciate God's Word and your living it in your life. Find an adult who you think is a great example of this and copy him/her. Then Baby B will just copy you.

    ReplyDelete