Monday, May 14, 2012

Years ago, before the common man had heard of the words "internet" or "blog," I wanted to write a newspaper column entitled, "Touching Families."  I planned to bring up topics dealing with the day-to-day life of being an at-home mom and also broach bigger subjects, such as politics and the media, and their influence on families.  Any subject that "touched families" would have been discussed.

A lack of both self-confidence and time kept me from seriously pursuing this venture.  However, I did express the topic to a friend who wrote for a local newspaper.  She was excited for me, thought it was a great idea, and encouraged me to begin contacting various newspapers who might be open to adding such a column.  I continue to appreciate her confidence in me, but after seeing the vast number of blogs and websites available today, I still do not think I have anything to say that can be said better than someone else.

Yet, when you compare what is out there today, many people are writing similar articles.  Even so, each one has his or her own following, because each of them.connects better to certain people than others.  Now the question is . . . do I begin a blog only if I believe I can have "x-number" of followers or do I begin to blog because now is the time?  I guess now is the time.

1 comment: